As part of the Programme Communications and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy the programme team is keen on keeping the stakeholders in the system well informed on the latest developments. We will do this by sending brief updates systematically to all those involved in delivering the best possible care in cancer services within the Alliance footprint.
This week the programme has:
- Had its first NHS England, NHS Improvement and HCV Cancer Alliance weekly tripartite meeting
- Discussed governance arrangements and potential way forward for the three locality programme groups
- Agreed a deputy commissioning representation for the lead commissioner at the Cancer Alliance Board and communications with all commissioners at the Commissioning Collaborative forum
- Continued to develop the cancer dashboard for the next Programme Executive meeting on the 1st December 2017
- Agreed that detailed programme plans that are ready to go to Programme Executive
- Discussed with NHS England and NHS Improvement the Cancer Alliance role in system and particular with Northern Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
- Continued recruitment to strengthen the programme management team and agreed management accountant support
Registration for the Improving Lung Cancer stakeholder event on 1 December 2017 is now live on Eventbrite. This event is open to lung cancer clinicians/nursing teams; commissioners; GPs and primary care staff; patients and carers.
Next stakeholder updates will be on:
- Friday 01 December 2017
- Friday 08 December 2017
Director – HCV Cancer Alliance Programme